- +234 9030000435, +234 9030000436
- School LOOP
SPRINGWELL ACADEMY RULES AND REGULATIONS
PREAMBLE: As a school whose foundation is based on sound academic and moral ethos adherence to instructions and regulations cannot be over-emphasised. Students of Springwell Academy must attend all prescribed classes and obey instructions given by any staff of the school at any time, as well as keep all rules and regulations stated below. The school reserves the right to alter, amend, correct or add to the rules and regulations without recourse to any other authority.
1) DRESSING AND APPEARANCE:
- Students are expected to be properly dressed in an appropriate dressing at all times.
- Boys are to wear low hair cut without dramatic designs. Girls are expected to either plait their hair in a design chosen by the school weekly or wear low cut.
- Hair attachment, beads and ribbons are not allowed.
- Body tattoos and any other wears not considered as the school uniform are not allowed.
- No kind of makeup is allowed. Finger nails must be neat and trimmed.
2) CONDUCT IN THE HOUSE: Major Offenses: To ensure a conducive learning and living environment the following have been grouped as major offences hence capable of attracting penalties tantamount to expulsion.
- Stealing in whatever guise.
- Bullying and harassment in any form (physical, verbal, sexual, emotional, etc.).
- Smoking, drinking of alcohol, consuming intoxicants, taking of drugs or any psychotropic substances.
- Unauthorised physical combat, violence and vandalism. Students are expected to report all grievances to the housemaster/mistress or any available staff.
- Wilful destruction of school property (or another person’s property).
- Gangsters and othercult related tendencies/ behaviours, etc
- Examination malpractice.
- Unauthorised exit from school.
- Lying, cheating and deceit.
- Loitering/movement in restricted areas. No student is allowed in the staff residential areas or any other prohibited areas as may be announced by the school.
- Destruction of school property (or another person’s property) and graffiti.
- All breaches of clauses 3 – 6 herein mentioned.
3) INTERRACTION WITH THE STAFF, PARENTS AND VISITORS:
- Students are expected to respect all staff members and obey them.
- Physical contact with a staff member is only allowed where it is inevitable (like in healthcare, emergency or accidental contact).
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to visit their wards except on the open days or on invitation by the school.
- Students are not allowed to discuss with visitors.
- Students are not allowed to be alone with a staff member in a closed apartment for any reason (except where it is inevitable like with a health personnel or for security reasons).
4) PERSONAL PROPERTY AND MONEY:
- Students are prohibited from coming to the school with any money of any denomination or currency other than the money voucher given by the school.
- Students are to tag all their personal property in a way that can easily be identified.
- Personal sports equipment and fragile materials should be deposited and registered with the house master.
- Mobile phones, iPad, personal computers, electronic entertainment gadget of any kind are prohibited. Students may wear simple wrist watch that is not designed to perform any other function than keeping time.
5) HEALTH AND CLEANLINESS:
- All recommended drugs must be administered by a trained health worker and taken in his/her presence.
- Students are to maintain high standard of cleanliness (both personal and the surrounding).
- Narcotic drugs and any psychotropic drugs/substances are highly prohibited.
6) SPIRITUAL WELFARE/ SOCIAL GATHERINGS
- Inter-denominational service shall be conducted on Sundays where every student is expected to attend.
- No student shall impose his/her religious opinion on another student.
- Students are to attend any other religious meeting (like prayer, bible study, etc.) that the school approves or organises within the premises of the school Recognising that learning occurs in and out of the classroom Springwell Academy gives attention to various social activities which the school will from time to time organise for her students.
7) COUNSELLING SERVICE:
- The Principal, the Vice Principals, the School Counsellor, the Housemaster/mistress, the School Nurse are all available for counselling, advice, questioning, suggestions, and general assistance to any student that may need such.