- +234 9030000435, +234 9030000436
- School LOOP
The school provides a broad and balanced range of quality learning opportunities within a boarding school environment. We are blessed with a natural and peaceful setting which is very conducive for effective learning.
In Springwell Academy quality is our watch word, and it is so reflected in our admission policy. Admission will be strictly based on a selection procedure that incorporates written entrance examination and oral interview. Candidates in addition to passing the written examination must exhibit some measure of these traits:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a passion for learning
- Ability to fit into a boarding environment
- Sound moral behaviour
- Ability in sports and or arts
- Leadership potentials
- Students seeking admission into J.S.S1 at the start of the school year in September must reach at least the age of 10 years by the 30th of September in the year of entry.
- Similarly, students seeking admission into J.S.S2 in September must reach the age of 11 years by the 30th of September of the year of entry.
- Students are normally admitted at the beginning of the school year. Admission during the school year will only be considered if there are vacancies, and will be subject to the same admission criteria.
- Students seeking admission into J.S.S2 in addition to taking the common entrance examination will be required to provide a reference including the most recent academic report from the previous school. It is at the discretion of the management to decide which year group the students can be admitted into.
- Students who are older than the eligible age for their class may not be admitted. However considering the circumstances, the effect of the candidate’s maturity on his or her performance, and the effect on the other students, management will use its discretion to admit or not admit.
- Springwell Academy is a co-educational school.
- Above all Springwell Academy is a Christian school but will admit students without tribal or religious bias.
- Students with diagnosed Special Educational needs will not be admitted to the school unless it is believed that the school can actively help the students to progress without the need for extra staffing arrangements.
- Springwell Academy will not admit students with a physical disability which the school considers as a special case.
- Any prospective student with peculiar or special medical condition(s) must clearly state and disclose such during admission process.